House update: If you don't get stressed out too easy then building a house is really fun!
Daniel has been working away on our house and it has been SO fun to see it progress. We now have walls as seen here 👇
With the walls up we can now walk through and see each room. 😍I have already stood in there for hours living in my "mind palace" designing each room and envisioning our lives there. I have tried to stay patient waiting for the next steps but everyone knows that patience is not my gift in life; hype and getting things done I can do...waiting, not so much! What challenges me even more is that as soon as Daniel finished the framing on our house he had agreed to another job, which means our house is sitting there, waiting, just like me. haha
The walls and roof are big steps, they turn it from a hole in the ground to a house. Although it looks like the only thing that's been done is framing, there were so many steps to get to this point.
We had to:
- apply for warranty (it's an Alberta thing that every house needs warranty, if you hire a contractor they'll have this)
- apply for a homeowner builder license (if you hire a building company, again, you won't need this)
- secure home financing
- buy the lot
- design blueprints (most people would buy these but apparently we like to make things complicated 😂 Also yes there are about 25 variations of our blueprint before we finally felt we had the "perfect" layout)
- apply for permits
- excavate (get the hole dug & services connected to the city)
- trench in utilities (hello gas and power 🙌🏼)
- schedule trades (HVAC, electricical, and plumbing)
- order windows and doors
- oh and frame the house (thanks Daniel)
So although it looks like all that changed was there was an empty lot and then 3 weeks later a house, 100 other things happened to get us here.